Sunday, November 16, 2008

Update

Hi everybody!!! I am so sorry we haven't written in so long! The internet has been down at our apartment and Josh and I have been working like crazy. Well I've been working a little more than I normally do and Josh has been working like crazy(-:
Everything has been going great. Josh's store is finally opening and they are doing AWESOME numbers, some of the best in the district and everybody is really excited. The whole crew has been working for it though, Josh clocked 105 hours for the week the week of Halloween! It's all starting to pay off (literally(-:).
I've been split between two centers for the majority of the month and it's been interesting. My home center is the one downtown with 16 classrooms and the center I have been helping out in is in the suburbs close to our apartment with 7 classrooms. So they have been two very different settings but everyone has been great in welcoming me(-: I should be full time at my home center from now on which is where I want to be. I LOVE going into the city everyday and I LOVE my ten hour days! I have one day a week to explore the city and get stuff done around the apartment (winterizing)! I take the train and a bus to work and it takes me 30-40 minutes in the morning and an hour to two hours in the afternoon(-: It's not bad, I get to read and listen to music and I don't have to worry about driving or running into mailboxes, which is awesome for me! Plus, Josh picks me up at the train station on his way home so it's ok that it takes that long.
Well I hope everyone is doing great, we miss you all SOOOOOOOOO much! My mom, dad, and sisters are coming up for Thanksgiving---can't wait to see you!!! We are meeting Linda, Jeff, Megan, and Brant in Kentucky for Christmas----can't wait to see you!!! Jason and Kerri are flying up for New Years---can't wait to see you!!! And Nick is driving back with us after we spend some time in NC---can't wait to see everyone in NC and you Nick!!! We're so excited to show off the city and see everybody, WE LOVE YOU!!! Keep the comments coming!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you put lots of smily faces

did you buy me a cot for when i come to visit?

tell me when its warm,though

I LOVE YOU!
-megan

Anonymous said...

Hi Clara and Josh: it's you ole' grandma Barney from sunny (but really cool now) Florida. We enjoy reading your blog and know what you are doing. We'd love to see you, but know you are busy and have others you need to see as well.
Here's hoping the winter isn't too cold for you and you continue to enjoy Chicago. My first husband said the coldest winter he ever spent was in Chicago when he was a teen. Seems like you're settling in great and getting to see a lot. Take care. We love you a lot. Grandma

Anonymous said...

i'm thinkin i come see you guys for christmas, who cares about kentucky? been there done that:) i'm a smiley face user too. ha i cant wait for my chicago pizza and cheesecake josh!!! :)

Love You!!
The Other Megan

Anonymous said...

Hey Clara,
It's good to see you doin' so well. Just thouhgt I'd drop ya note ta say howdy eh! Have a great christmas in the windy city.
Uncle James