Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Day of Art

This weekend we headed down to the Art Institute Museum and as we walked down and got lost we ran into the Magic Bean, the brand new Ice Skating Rink, and a peaceful march against Prop 8. We finally found the museum and exhausted our fine art quota for the month! Anyone who can name all of the artists below will get a prize(-:

Just a cool picture from the museum garden...

On the train, Josh made me put this picture on here, I guess I owe him from the Cowboys celebration!

Chicago 2012 Olympics Candidate City, go Chicago!!! Whoo hoo!!!

The march...


He's so handsome(-:


This was actually about 5 feet tall and 7 feet across, it was much bigger than I expected (that's what she said(-:)








3 comments:

Barney said...

Not in Order:
Nighthawks, Hopper (The Diner)
American Gothic, Wood (Pitchfork Guy)
Picture of Dorian Gray, Albright (Mr. Handsome)
A Sunday on La Grande Jatte, Seurat (Picnickers)
The Ballerina has me stumped.

Thanks for the update. It's so great that despite your hard work you are managing to take advantage of the local scene.

I like the picture of you on the train!

Love and miss you!

Dad

Michele (Heather's Mom) said...

I agree with Hopper, Wood and Seurat. I didn't know Dorian Gray. I think the ballerina might be Degas, but it could be a tricky Renoir. Degas would be my guess.
You sound like you are having fun discovering Chicago. What an amazing place. Mark lived at 175 North Harbor Drive, the 42nd floor. I think you have been fairly close during your explorations. It is right at the edge of Grant Park, and there are three buildings in a group, facing the lake, with boats docked. Navy Pier is towards the north. His apartment was the building in the middle, facing the lake. Have you discovered the Pedways yet? Mark walked to work, using them on cold days.
love to you both,
Michele

Anonymous said...

I love your coat. Its so city like seeing you riding a train.. I love it. hah Cant wait to visit!! Miss You Guys!!

Love,
Megan